Travel to Canada

Find out if you need a visa

New entry requirement now in effect: visa-exempt foreign nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens, and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.

Find out if you need a Visa

Fly to or transit through a Canadian airport

You need to apply online for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). You can apply with a valid passport, a credit or a debit card, and an email address.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Drive or arrive by train, bus, or boat

You don’t need a visa or eTA, but you do need to bring the right travel documents.

What documents do I need?


Applicants requiring a travel visa

Please note that for applicants requiring a travel visa, you must register and pay first, then contact the IAWP for a visa letter. The deadline for requesting this letter is March 26, 2018. To contact the IAWP, please visit the Contact Us page or send an email to


We are happy to confirm that for the upcoming IAWP 2018, WestJet is able to offer 10% off Econo and 15% off Plus base fares for travel between Calgary and anywhere WestJet flies in North America. To take advantage of this offer, you will need the discount code listed below. If you have questions about how to complete a booking with your discount codes, please visit their frequently asked questions.

Travel from: August 19, 2018 to September 6, 2018

Coupon Code: OLIKCQT


You can change or cancel reservations within 24 hours of booking at no charge. Further changes or cancellations can be made up to 2 hours prior to the flight; please note additional fees or charges may apply for each guest depending on fare class booked and differences in fare. Please view their service fees page for more information.


We are also happy to confirm that Budget Canada is offering attendees of the IAWP 2018 a discount on rental cars when they attend the conference. To take advantage of this offer, please make a reservation here.

For pick-up location, select YYC (Calgary Intl Airport). After selecting the date and time of your pick-up and return, enter A050000 in the Offer Codes section (in the box that says BCD Code). This will display the special conference pricing for all available vehicles.

Conference pricing is in effect from August 23, 2018 to September 2, 2018 (insurance is extra).

Coupon Code: A050000


Experience Alberta Wilderness: Canyon Creek Ice Caves

Take a multi-dimensional journey to the ice caves located in Canyon Creek in Kananaskis Elbow, Alberta. Take a drive to Canyon Creek, which...continue reading Experience Alberta Wilderness: Canyon Creek Ice Caves

Freedom in Forgiveness: Amanda Lindhout’s Biography

As a child, Amanda Lindhout escaped a violent household by paging through issues of National Geographic and imagining herself in...continue reading Freedom in Forgiveness: Amanda Lindhout’s Biography

Keynote Speaker: Chief Jennifer Evans

Chief Jennifer Evans has been working in policing for 35 years. Chief Evans began her career with the Peel Regional...continue reading Keynote Speaker: Chief Jennifer Evans
View All